This morning I arrived at the Dayton International Airport to begin my travels to England at around 10:15 am. Amy and I enjoyed breakfast at Panera after dropping the kids of with our church. She dropped me off quite early so she could get back and worship with our church and kids.
This morning there have been a couple random thoughts in my head that I wanted to share before talking about prayer needs. The first is about the days that Amy and I dated before marriage. Believe it or not it was a simpler time when anyone could walk down to the gates at the airport. A few times we would end up at the Dayton International Airport and watch planes come in while we talked and such! By the gates it was always so quiet and peaceful. I am so thankful for Amy and have been so blessed by God to be one with her. Our love continues to grow and mature.
The second thought was a lot less meaningful. Remember a few months ago when they changed the way they did security checks and started using an xray like machine. I went through one today for the first time. I had thought some about it and was like wow they are going to see me naked, ha! Anyway I went through and saw what they do and the pictures they see and was like, wow people like to make a big deal about everything! People are just silly. In the end it was nothing and I was sad they didn’t see my smiley face boxers I wore for them! Just kidding!
Now on to the point of this blog post. How it is you can join me by praying for this trip:
1. Praise God for how he provided for this trip. Just yesterday I got confirmation that all was taken care of! Thanks Lord!
2. Pray for Amy and the kids while I am away. Pray for nice weather so the kids can be out running around and playing. Pray for the kids (especially Emma) that they will be okay without my presence. Pray for Noah as he will be the man of the house while I am gone. Amy is amazing and I know God will encourage and strengthen her by His presence and by His church and family.
3. Pray that I will be able to be an encouragement to the missionaries in England. I want to be used by God to refresh them and encourage them with fellowship.
4. Pray that God will give me wisdom in asking question about the culture and ministry there and how those things can help ministry be effective in Centerville.
5. Pray that God will impress on me deep conviction if Amy and I should begin to pursue ministry abroad.
God is amazing and I know that He has fruit to be birthed from this trip. I am so thankful for the love and support that you all have given me and my family.
Thanks for your prayers! I look forward to sharing with you all when I get back.